Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's getting Autumn up in here....

Oh it's almost October!! My favorite time of year! Cider, crisp weather, colors, fires, pumpkins...


I swear-I would be completely blissfully happy to live in New England all year round, and especially in Autumn. Put that on my bucket list.

I have always loved Halloween! As a child I remember living so far out of town that my sister would drive us into town so we could trick or treat! My mom made our costumes and we had such grand times! I don't wait until October to start celebrating and I think my own daughter loves that I don't. August 1 we start burning cinnamon candles, and every week we add more halloween decor to the house until at Halloween we are ready to go! Why only celebrate for a month?

This year I want to try some new things to our pumpkins. My almost 9 year old loves glitter-be honest, what 9 year old girl doesn't? Ha! One of the ideas we are thinking about..





I love, love black and I love glitter and I love this pumpkin! I want to cover my mantel in these! All sizes!! Last year my daughter had so much fun creating bedazzled pumpkins with friends by using straight pins and sequins and of course duck tape. They made zebra pumpkins and denim pumpkins...I love watching how creative she is!

For us here in New Mexico, we are blessed to have mountains nearby and desert and the fall foliage is truly amazing! The smell of roasting chile in the air alongside fireplaces makes you wish it lasted all year long. (Okay, maybe just I wish it lasted all year long)




Take your fall decor a step further this year. Do something totally out of the box! I have this neon pink, metallic pumpkin that lights up that I never thought I would let in my house. Guess what? It's sitting above my fireplace as I type this and I love it.




Can you guess who picked it out?


This year, thanks to my pinterest I have found this unbelievable centerpiece which I want to create for my own home!





If this doesn't say Fall, I don't know what does. Isn't it fun? Keep a look out in September for the one I attempt and cross your fingers at the same time. I love mixing it up and I love the autumn season so much that I want it to last as long as possible in my house. Nowadays we are so busy with our lives-running kids to practice and school and orthodontists and back and then homework and dinner and laundry, that we never get to enjoy the small things. Creating Autumn in my home early brings me bliss and my family bliss and a sense of calm about our household that I cannot explain.

If autumn isn't your favorite holiday, what is? What do you do to make it last as long as possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment