Monday, August 5, 2013

Go for the Gold!

Who remembers the jewelry their mother wore? Or their grandmother? Did they prefer silver or gold?
I remember my mom wearing both. When I started wearing jewelry I remember preferring silver over gold. Nowadays there are so many new colors when it comes to metals. Black, chocolate, rosegold, etc....

Last Christmas I gave my mother a rosegold locket, which I adore because the color is stunning. It's also a hardy metal and looks beautiful with other metals.


this is not one of my lockets, but I love how the mixed metals look

The very first Gold locket I sold really got me re-thinking my choices. It was heavy, and beautiful and looked so breathtaking with the charms in it. I remember using that locket as a sample for a few shows before the owner took it away to be loved.



This is that locket

I think Gold reminds people of their families. Of grandmothers and aunts. Of jewelry worn that represents their husbands, and the mothers who came before them. It's timeless. It never goes out of style. You can always freshen it up with other pieces you have. I love the large gold locket from O2. I love how I can open mine up and mix it up with a silver plate and different stones. I love that it attracts people who otherwise would never have given a second look at a gold necklace.

This fall Gold is IT. Layer your pieces! Mix up the metals. Don't be afraid to show off a vintage piece that is hiding in your jewelry box with a new, sparkling piece like this:





Chocolate is starting to become really popular. My younger sister does not like bling. She prefers the non sparkly lockets and has quite a few. Recently she saw a picture of the chocolate locket which only comes with crystals. After quite a few conversations she ordered one. Living in Tennessee and being an alumni, she of course created a locket that all Tennessians (I totally just went with it) would love!





The chocolate locket is now a favorite of mine too. I can't wait to wear it this fall with all my favorite autumn colors! It looks fantastic with any of our charms and one of my customers in May created this one which is so whimsical and lovely, you just want to wear it for yourself!




Things that represent her life. This is one of the things I love about these new metals that we can add to the timeless gold. Old with new, vintage reprised. This fall, don't be afraid to layer, layer, layer your gold pieces! If you don't have any, go out and find something and be daring!





If you are having a jewelry bar this season, pick a Go for the Gold theme and keep your refreshments light and simple. Maybe some wine and cheese with chocolates for sweets. Invite your girlfriends over to see how lovely these Gold pieces are. Create something new for the Fall that will jazz up your wardrobe and make you feel solid gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment