Monday, September 23, 2013

why I love my job

Happy Fall!


I wanted to update my blog with a little something different. I wanted to tell you all why I love this company so much and what it has done for me and my family. I was never a big direct sales kind of girl, ask my husband. I worked hard and was always gone and busy with everyone else and was so cranky and tired and missed out on two years of my daughter's life.

Then something happened. I got my first locket. I fell in love. Not just with the locket and charms (although it pretty much sealed the deal for me) but with all the women I met when I took the plunge and signed up! My director is amazing, she has been there for me every step, whenever I have a question, no hesitation.

When I first joined Origami Owl, my husband was skeptical. As all men are. I told him I was just going to run the website so I could spend more time at home with the family. Well.....that first month took off! I was surprised and happy and excited with where it took me! I had a little team and was making great money and having fun.

I was able to pay for Christmas last year all on my own! I also paid for our cheer trip to Vegas and for braces---ALL ON MY OWN. The best part was, I was home with my family, enjoying what I was doing and I got to set my own hours. It felt so good to contribute to my family again!! (and my husband was shocked)

I decided to go to convention this past summer and my mother/daughter team joined me. What an amazing experience! We had the best time and met some really great gals and it confirmed for me that Origami Owl was where I was supposed to be. This company gives back to so many and with a motto like "Be a force for good" how can you not love?

I currently have 30 women on my team, and two mother/daughter teams! We allow girls as young as 14 to sign up with their mothers so they can learn the value of hard work and making their own money. Again, how you can not love?!

My team has fun, I love my ladies and even though we are scattered near and far-it's such a close knit group. I love that I have been with O2 in their first year of rolling, it has allowed me to tell their incredible story and really emphasize how much it's grown and from where it began.

I have a lot of friends in direct sales. Some of phenomenal at what they do-their extremely busy, make great money, and have moved up the ladder because they deserve it. In my first month with this company I was promoted to Team Leader. From a designer to a team leader-I was shocked. In less than a year I was promoted to Senior Team Leader and what a great feeling! Also to see ladies on my team who also moved up with me!

I do not look at my business like a direct sales company. I don't want anyone at any time to feel pushed or uncomfortable and the stereotype out there is brutal. I love what I do and I love the people who helped get me there.

If you want more info on this company, or joining by yourself or with your daughter-I would love to answer any questions! my site is melissakdavis.origamiowl.com and when you click join my mentor id is 6591.


"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment