Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quick Recipes

Happy September!!

Here in New Mexico, the green chile is roasting, pumpkins are almost ready for plucking, and the evenings are showing little hints of cool weather!

I love cooler weather because it means sweaters and boots and scarves! It also means stews and roasting pumpkins and pies in the oven.

I have been trying a ton of new recipes lately-ones that are easy to make and quick. I have a busy family and the last thing we have time for at night is waiting around for a meal to cook. My husband is very helpful in the kitchen and we share the responsibilities!

Last week I tried the infamous One Pot Pasta from our girl Martha. It was SO EASY! Took 10 minutes and not a noodle was left afterward...

 
you can get the recipe here
 
 
 
I know everyone out there has a busy family! Between sports and clubs and work and homework you just don't want to be in the kitchen all day! I also made my green chile stew last week for the first time this season! It's so easy to make and I am going to post my recipe for you all! I do not measure, I season to taste! Enjoy!!
 
My Green Chile Stew
 
I make mine in my crockpot so while we are doing our thing-it cook.
 
Whatever broth you prefer
1.5 pounds of stew meat seasoned
1 white onion cut into large pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt
pepper
Green Chile Powder
Garlic Salt
Potatoes, chopped (I use as many will fit)
Green Chiles (use your preference)
 
I add the broth to my crockpot and then I get the meat seasoning and searing in some olive oil. Just enough to get the edges flavorful and seared.
I add the onion and garlic and the green chile along with the rest of the seasonings. Again, I season to taste. I never use measurements.
I then add as many potatoes will fit in my crockpot. Usually 5-6 large ones chopped up.
 
I turn the crock pot on high and I let it cook all day. By the time 6pm rolls around, dinner is done! Serve with tortillas.
 
Alter this recipe to your taste preferences.
 
 
Remember, just because you are busy-doesn't mean you don't have time to have a healthy meal with your family!!
 
xo
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment